This is The County Foundation’s second Vital Signs Report. A report was issued in 2013 with an Update in 2015. The County Foundation joins 85 other community foundations around Canada that are also publishers of their own Vital Signs.
What is Vital Signs?
- Evidence-based snapshot of a community’s strengths & challenges
- Identifies current actions and opportunities for further support & community collaboration
- An accessible information resource specific to our region with relevant data from a number of reliable sources
- A platform for discussion, innovative ideas and collective action
Purpose of the Vital Signs Report
- Create community awareness of the issues
- Engage community participation in building on existing initiatives
- Provide evidence to assist community organizations with their planning and funding
- Provide donors with a focus for informed decision-making
- Guide The County Foundation’s granting process